Episode 1: So I was the caregiver
In the first episode of Fair Shares, a Washington Post Creative Group and MassMutual podcast on helping smart women plan for a better financial future, host Bola Sokunbi – a financial education trainer and CEO of Clever Girl Finance – joins a mother trying to balance work, parenthood and money.
Sokunbi speaks candidly with Ariana, who found out her son has special needs when she started teaching him at home about a year ago. She became his full-time babysitter after losing her job during the pandemic – and had to figure out how to make ends meet while giving her the attention her functional needs require. Sokunbi helps Ariana think about a financial game plan, including purchasing life insurance, as she seeks to find a new balance in her life amid these difficult circumstances.
- If, like Ariana, you are caring for someone with a disability or other special needs, a MassMutual Financial Services Representative with the Chartered Special Needs Consultant® (ChSNC) designation can work with you to review your financial outlook and provide you with solutions and personalized strategies. Learn more about https://www.massmutual.com/lp/specialcare.
- Establishing a trust can be important, especially if you have children. Visit https://www.massmutual.com/investment/advisory-trust-services for more information.
- Individual disability insurance can help protect your financial health. MassMutual can help you review your options. Learn more about https://www.massmutual.com/insurance/disability- Income-insurance.
- Check out the MassMutual life insurance calculator mentioned by Bola Sokunbi here: https://www.massmutual.com/financial-wellness/calculators/life-insurance-calculator.
- You too can start saving for your future. Learn more about the difference between IRA and Roth IRA here: https://www.massmutual.com/retirement/individual-retirement-accounts.