Financial Director – Lookout Local Santa Cruz
SITE: Pacific Grove, California
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT: Full time, 40 hours per week
COMPENSATION: $65,000 – $83,000 annual salary
ABOUT US: Gateway Center is committed to providing support services to adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities by continually expanding our understanding of the ever-changing needs of this community and adapting our services to support all of our members. Gateway Center is made up of dedicated, caring and respectful providers who prove every day that with a little understanding and patience, every member of our community can live a full and satisfying life with dignity and respect.
JOB SUMMARY: Provide general direction and leadership of the financial and business operations of the Monterey County Gateway Center.
- Oversee the organization’s accounting practices, maintenance of its tax records and preparation of its financial reports
- Oversee cash management
- Track important KPIs and analyze trends
- Supervise accounting department staff and manage accounting functions for accounts payable, accounts receivable, and collections, including donations and grants, purchase order processing, cash management, and payroll.
- Directly responsible for general ledger, tracking and reporting of grants and restricted funds, invoicing and tracking of government contracts and grants, financial reporting, internal audit and budget tracking
- Collaborate with the General Manager and department heads in the development of the annual operating budget
- Recommend and ensure appropriate internal accounting controls and maintain fiscal soundness
- Prepare monthly financial statements for the Finance Committee, PPL Committee and Board of Directors
- Prepare other reports as requested
- Oversee the development of the annual operating budget and prepare monthly reports for staff
- Manage the annual external (independent) audit and prepare information for external funders.
- BA from an accredited college in the field of accounting, Chartered CPA preferred OR
- Associate’s degree in accounting plus 5 years of nonprofit experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting and financial management principles; project management; resource management.
- MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH SAGE AND PAYLOCITY OPERATING SYSTEMS.
- Must have knowledge and experience with computerized accounting systems, preferably non-profit systems.
- Minimum of seven years of experience, preferably in a not-for-profit organization, including developing and modifying budgets, forecasting, financial statements, and analysis and interpretation.
- Must be an experienced manager/leader who demonstrates excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication and management skills.
- Must demonstrate excellent organizational skills, great attention to detail and be extremely precise.
- Must have the ability to act independently and exercise good judgment and discretion.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality of financial information.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer
- Federal and state grant accounting and reporting experience
- Provide direct supervision of accounting staff
PHYSICAL EFFORT & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The position requires the ability to perform work in an office environment as well as in a highly interactive and dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Be comfortable completing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Communicate effectively with a variety of audiences in various contexts.
- Valid CA driver’s license and clean driving record
- Vaccination and booster Covid-19
- Negative covid test
- Able to transmit fingerprints/live scan via DOJ
- Able to pass physical and TB test
HOW TO REGISTER:
Please apply through Indeed using this link and PLEASE SUBMIT A COVER LETTER.
- Dental insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation
- vision insurance