Head of Humanitarian Programs – United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
This role is UK based and open to people with unlimited rights to live and work in the UK. At this time, we are unable to offer sponsorship opportunities. Therefore, you must currently hold the right to work in the UK.
Who we are:
Muslim Aid was established in the UK in 1985 by community leaders from 17 Islamic organizations in response to drought in the Horn of Africa. We are an international UK faith-based charity helping people affected by natural disaster or conflict or suffering from poverty, hunger, disease, illiteracy, discrimination, homelessness, debt, unemployment , injustice, deprivation or lack of skills and economic. Opportunities.
Summary of the role:
Wage scale: £42,000 – £46,000 (per year) – subject to experience
Type of employment: Fixed term – three years
Contract: Full time
The incumbent must have overall management responsibility and accountability for humanitarian program work streams through the continuous development and management of humanitarian capacity and surge resources ensuring the delivery of high quality programs to affected communities by disasters. This includes responding to slow-onset and rapid-onset emergencies and supporting communities to become resilient to future shocks.
The role will also contribute to the development of the overall humanitarian program strategy while providing operational management assistance, funding and programmatic support to the humanitarian country-level team and partners. The Humanitarian Program Manager (HPM) will work in close coordination with the Country Management, Partnership and Institutional Funding team and is expected to further strengthen MA’s existing emergency response strategy and alert system.
The incumbent will be required to travel on short notice.
About the role:
The main responsibilities of this role will be:
- In coordination with the Head of International Programs, lead the development of Muslim Aid’s emergency response strategy and strengthen the existing alert system.
- Develop rapid humanitarian response models for rapid response team deployments from headquarters, via country offices and/or via partner organizations at country and field office levels.
- Draft effective and timely disaster and emergency response proposals for Field Offices in consultation with the Emergency Working Group.
- Ensure that quality control systems are in place for the proper management of various responsibilities, such as: disaster preparedness; needs assessment; project proposal writing and budget preparation; project implementation (including financial management, administration and ad-hoc project reporting), project monitoring and evaluation.
- Represent Muslim Aid in broader coalitions dealing with broader advocacy issues on the impact of global emergencies.
- Support the Institutional Fundraising Manager in all areas to maximize revenue opportunities in emergencies and disasters
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Graduated at Baccalaureate level.
- Understanding of emergency program design, implementation and evaluation
- Proven experience in program monitoring and evaluation; use of collected quantitative and qualitative research data to support program development
- Knowledge of SPHERE, CHS and DEC accountability framework priorities and other humanitarian/development sector initiatives and standards.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and ability to liaise effectively with people at different levels.
- Strong and well-developed analytical skills coupled with experience in writing quality proposals and reports
How to register
Why you should apply:
If you are an experienced humanitarian programs manager, looking for a challenge to make a positive difference around the world to help the most needy and vulnerable, then now is an exciting time to join our international programs team. .
Benefits you will enjoy if you work for us:
- 37 public holidays (including public holidays and Privilege days)
- Hybrid work
- Benefits with Perkbox
- Paid leave for medical appointments
- 2 hour lunch break on Friday
- Compensatory leave (TOIL)
How to register:
To apply, please click on the link: https://www.muslimaid.org/vacancies/humanitarian-programmes-manager/
If there are any issues or concerns with your application, please contact [email protected]
We run interviews on a rolling basis, so apply as soon as possible. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Comments are closed.