Job: Financial Controller (Travel Agency) at Novella Africa
- Oversee day-to-day accounting functions, integrate financial operations, forecasting and cash flow management, handle tax issues, prepare financial reports, manage vendor relationships, control internal processes to ensure stability financial of the organization.
- This role also leads the local finance team, ensuring accurate and timely reporting that the company’s senior management locally and globally can count on, as well as providing strategic advice to ensure the company’s financial commitments are met.
- Oversee and prepare accurate and timely financial statements and reports
- Analyze financial data and prepare analyzes to guide senior management decision-making
- Ensure general accounting follow-up
- Develop/ensure that policies are consistent with the applicable accounting and financial framework
- Communicate financial information to the Group CFO at regular intervals
- Preparation and control of management accounts for the use of the Group’s financiers and statutory auditors
- Work closely with auditors to ensure management accounts are delivered accurately and in a timely manner
- Ensure that all financial and statutory regulations are adhered to
- Coordinate with other departments for compliance and implementation of financial management policies, budgets, etc. with a focus on identifying efficiencies and cost reduction opportunities across the business.
- Ensure invoices are properly approved and coded in the general ledger.
- Monitoring and balancing cash flow to meet obligations
- Oversee accounts payable and accounts receivable and ensure a recovery plan is in place.
- Coordination with external financial, compliance and tax auditors.
- Create and monitor company policies and internal controls, especially expense controls, fraud reduction
- Assess and manage risk across the department, including the travel center
- Financial transaction management
- Rationalization of accounting functions and operations
- Development of plans for financial growth and increased efficiency
- Resolve escalations from customer service teams regarding financial issues; identify patterns and processes to ensure problems are not repeated
- Ensure a productive work environment within the finance team – this includes promoting their successes, reviewing workload and automating processes, providing team members with training relevant to their roles.
- Any other assigned tasks
Skills and competences:
- A Master’s degree in accounting, finance or equivalent required
- 10+ years of experience in related financial management experience
- A Chartered Accountant (ACA, ACCA)
- Proven bookkeeping experience
- Preferably experience with applicable local accounting SAGE
- GDS (Amadeus), beneficial BSP experience
- Experience in accounting, auditing, compliance.
- Experience with analytical and financial modeling skills
- Experience in financial operational excellence including workflow improvement, automation and ERP across the finance and accounting function.
- Understanding of large/large transactions and service activities.
- Advanced accounting and financial techniques
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS.
N1,200,000 – N1,500,000 annually.
Click here to apply