Systems Director – GOAL Ukraine (National Hire) – Ukraine
Founded in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency, with a team of over 3,000 people, dedicated to meeting the needs of the most vulnerable communities. Currently operating in 14 of the world’s most vulnerable countries, GOAL offers a wide range of humanitarian and development programs, from humanitarian assistance in disaster situations to a focus on nutrition, food security and strengthening resilience and sustainable livelihoods.
The DS provides strong leadership as a member of senior management, promotes good stewardship and provides direction to the systems function, as well as improving cross-functional communication, thereby ensuring that systems support effective programming. The DS will work closely with the Response Director and Program Director (DP) in strategic planning to ensure that the support structure adequately supports the program.
The Systems department includes Logistics, Outsourcing, HR, Administration, IT and Security
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Provide support and leadership for GOAL Ukraine’s internal support systems.
- Improve cross-functional communication, ensuring systems support effective program development and implementation.
- Manage logistics, human resources, administration (including facilities and security) and IT to facilitate support of current and future programs in accordance with GOAL policies and best practices.
- Contributes to the continued development of the country program below within the framework of the country strategic plan, in particular as the program moves towards the recovery phase.
- Actively manage the country risk profile by ensuring policies and procedures are in place, participating in the management of the country risk register and addressing internal audit and compliance issues.
- Assist the RD in the management of the security plan and monitor the understanding and implementation of the plan by staff at all levels.
- Support the integration of cross-cutting issues such as gender, child protection and the environment, and actively promote a supportive working environment for staff.
- Set a strong example for adherence to and improvement of GOAL SL’s accountability, safeguarding and protection initiatives, both internally and for those impacted by the program.
- Conduct regular management visits and provide field visit reports to SMT for all field locations. • Represent GOAL and the Country Programme, as appropriate, to external stakeholders.
- Deputize for the Response Manager as required and undertake any additional tasks mutually agreed with the Response Manager.
- Oversight of all logistics operations across the various field and support sites: including purchasing, supply chain, asset management, fixed asset register and fleet management.
- Improve profitability by saving time or money through the use of: framework contracts, improved coordination of program activities, procurement and transport.
- Ensure compliance of logistics operations with the GOAL logistics manual and with donor requirements.
- Ensure logistics reports are submitted to Dublin on time.
- Ensure that the Logistics and Procurement Manager manages the timely negotiation of real estate contracts and ensures that the property is well maintained and secure.
- Liaise with HO in Dublin on systems, log issues etc as required.
- Support the Response Manager in security management.
- Implement GOAL security guidelines and procedures and ensure staff are familiar with these guidelines and procedures.
- Periodically review the specific safety instructions.
- Ensure that all offices and accommodations meet basic safety standards, including fire prevention, lockout and evacuation procedures.
- Ensure that security briefings for all staff/visitors arriving on site for the first time are appropriate and carried out.
- Monitor the security situation and provide regular briefings to the RD of any incident, change or adverse conditions affecting staff security or project operations in the region.
Human resources management and administration
- Provide guidance and direction to the Human Resources and Administration Manager.
- Ensure that HR planning, including succession planning, is developed in coordination with annual program planning.
- Support management to implement an effective annual performance review and development process.
- Ensure periodic reviews of salary scales and the national HR manual, in accordance with local regulations.
- Liaise with HO in Dublin on systems, HR issues etc as required.
- Support Project Managers to implement training and development plans for all GOAL Ukraine staff.
- Design ways to identify training needs and ensure their applicability in the workplace.
- Ensure efficient and effective administration systems in accordance with the GOAL policy.
- Ensure that visitors and new staff receive welcome packs, timetables and in-country briefings, including ensuring the quality of systems induction for new staff.
- Ensure that IT planning reflects program priorities and the development of an IT strategy to ensure that IT is sufficient for future program needs (e.g. DDR, automated supply chain, share point, etc.).
- Provide support and oversight for IT-related issues, including financial and network server stability and adherence to IT guidelines.
- Liaise with Dublin IT Support regarding IT maintenance and the management and formatting of IT equipment.
- Make sure regular backups and virus checks are done.
- Manage the equipment budget for all Ukraine GOALs.
- Ensure organizational compliance with donor policies and guidelines.
- Ensure that GOAL Ukraine meets Ukrainian government regulatory requirements regarding visas, work permits and registration in liaison with the Response Director.
- Support the Finance Director in the preparation of budgets for donor proposals, the preparation and finalization of the annual budget and quarterly rolling budgets and the preparation of year-end financial statements.
- In conjunction with the CFO, monitor and control expenditures against core cost budgets to ensure they remain within available funding and agreed budgets using budget tracking tools and highlight any underspending/overspending and agree on required actions.
Internal Audit / Donor Compliance / Investigation
- Remain informed and ensure adherence to the standard of GOAL logistics, finance, HR and program procedures and policies as outlined in relevant manuals, policies and guidelines.
- In collaboration with the RD, ensure that risk management processes are effectively integrated throughout the organization.
- Provide support to all internal audit, compliance and financial investigation engagements as requested by the RD, roving internal auditors or HQ investigation team, ensuring that GOAL policies are adhered to .
- Attended and contributed to all Grants Management Meetings (GMMs), with Logs and Procurement Manager and Human Resources.
- Ensure Logistics Proposal Checklists are completed by Programs and Logistics and submitted with all new grants.
- Ensure that procurement plans are submitted by programs to GMMs and at proposal stage, and are reviewed by Logistics.
How to register
Please apply through the GOAL website at: https://www.goalglobal.org/careers/?vacancy=systems-director-goal-ukraine-national-hire&gh_jid=4463122